Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The great Olympic protest!!

Of late one of the most widely publicized protest has been the protest against China for it's actions in Tibet....it's difficult for me to decide which side to take on this....there are basically two view points....one which supports the ongoing protests, and the other one which is against the protests as they are directed towards the Olympics....have to say both have their points....it is always said that it's not good to mix-up sports and politics....as such even if what China is doing in Tibet isn't right and should be protested against, one shouldn't be directing the protests towards the Olympics....it's being said that the Olympics are above all this....I would be inclined to accept that...but on the other hand if one looks from the viewpoint of the protesters, where do they stand?....I guess this is one of the best opportunities they have had in decades to catch the world's attention...and I believe they have done a good job of catching the eye balls of the world leaders(if I may call them so).....unconfirmed sources say that the plight of people of Tibet isn't exactly something to write home about...and of course even the recent report of Amnesty says that China is the world's largest executioner....so we can't take what China says at face value....I wish there were a middle way, but if there is I can't see it...but even as I write this I have this feeling that this issue is dying slowly....lets see how long this issue remains at the forefront of the world leaders attention!!

No comments: