It's been ages since I posted last. And during this time, life as well as the world has changed a lot. One change that's fresh in memory is the sudden death of MJ- The King of Pop. MJ or Michael Jakson as was his name, died suddenly a few days ago. Not that he was keeping very good health lately, and I remember thinking that he might not live much longer during his last health scare- I guess it was something to do with skin cancer. But even I was taken by surprise with the suddenness of his death. I must admit that I never much followed MJ, my likings were different and no one actually exposed me to his music. Lately the company I work for picked up one of his hit songs-"Beat It", as a theme song for one product and I remember actually dancing on that song during one of our meetings. Little did I know it's origins then!! After wards I did came to know that it belonged to MJ and I actually downloaded his Thriller album, my first tryst with MJ's music. Anyhow the reports coming out after MJ's death suggest that the cause of his death might be prescription painkillers. Saying which I am reminded of Heath Ledger- The Joker, who died last year I guess when he ODed on prescription drugs. This is an increasingly common occurrence nowadays especially among celebrities. Those who should be role models are acting in such a way!!
Among other things, India the defending T20 world champions bit the dust in this years T20 world cup. It was such a woeful performance that the less said the better. The defending champions failed to win any match in the Super 8's stage. I hope we come back to winning ways, but am not sure looking at their performance in West Indies currently.
Then again Roger Federer was finally able to win at Roland Garos after numerous attempts. His nemesis Rafael Nadal didn't reach the final and the rest is history. Wimbledon is going on now, lets see if he can win it back. I hope he does, I like him as a player and as a person.
Enough for today, I hope I can be more regular. I noticed that one of my friend is following my blog and left a comment on my last post. I take this oppurtunity to thank him.
I will be back!!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment