Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Cider House Rules....

Yes that's the name of the movie I just watched. It moved me so much that I was compelled to write a few lines, about what my thoughts are at this moment after watching the movie.
The movie is mostly set in an orphanage and specially deals with the life of a "special" orphan living there with the rest of his kind. Twice he was adopted but twice fate brought him back to the orphanage.
This is a love story if you ask me, only the love here is different. It's the love that the doctor taking care of the orphanage has for this "special" orphan and the love that others in the orphanage has for him. Of course there are twists, like him leaving the orphanage to see the world on his own. Getting involved with a women already engaged to a lieutenant who has gone to the war, etc. But at the end, he does come back to those who love him the most. Although a little late in the day for the beloved doctor, who is there no more to see his "son's" return.
I just realised, that it's far more important to be loved by people around you in life, than any other materialistic achievement you can have. So, I just make one wish- I don't want to end up unloved...ever!!

No comments: